I usually try to roundup the previous month no later than the 5th of the following month, but at least I’m still getting it done. Better late than never! And I’m keeping my roundup streak alive – I haven’t missed a month since January of 2006!
What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)
- Watched Once Upon a Time, a few Big Bang Theory episodes (which got too raunchy for my kids so now we are going to have to read ahead on the topic matters before watching). I also watched Alice in Wonderland on my iPad which reminds me so much of my brother when he was young and insisted on watching that movie at least once every day.
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
- My parents came to town for a visit during the first week of April.
- We took my parents to a Utah Jazz vs. Portland Trailblazers basketball game. The Jazz won and we had an amazing evening. My mom even got picked up (literally) by the bear. So funny!
- I went on a business lunch date with my husband at Thanksgiving Point where I got to meet with some very interesting people that he is associate with.
- We went to a late birthday brunch (for me) at my in-laws house on a Sunday morning.
- I took a tour of Stampin Up!
- My daughter had a week off of school for spring break.
- Went to a bridal shower for a family friend
- Went to a special VIP Lego event at Hogle Zoo with my son
- Worked on teaching my daughter to drive
What were my accomplishments this month?
Putting our house up for sale and having it go under contract 6 days later has to be the biggest accomplishment of the month! I have been working on this project for months and had the house ready to show, which is a good thing since we had a lot of interest. We had an open house where 10 different groups came through plus 7 showings all in 6 days. There was one day where we had 4 showings and Alex and I had to eat all 3 meals out of the house. It was crazy! We had a nice offer though and we took it. We don’t know much about the buyers but everything is looking good (knock on wood) to close later this month. In the meantime, we’ve also been trying to keep on top of all the construction progress on our new home. There have been some last minute changes and a few snags that came up. If all goes well, we should close on the new house at the same time that we close on our current home.
I started the Toy to the World blog up again and wrote 6 posts there.
I was a guest on episode 32 of the Capturing Magic podcast
I designed 3 templates (all in the scientific set)
I created 9 digital layouts (each image is linked to original post where it first appeared)
Anything else noteworthy to report?
- I realized about the middle of April that my driver’s license had expired on my birthday on March 10th. Oops! I had to get that taken care of and when I took the eye test, I just barely passed it. Time for glasses!
- Another disturbing oversight on my part – I didn’t realize until the end of the first week of April that my car license plates were supposed to be renewed by the end of March. I can’t believe I did that! It’s all taken care of now. I’m thinking that I’m not dealing with a full deck lately.
- We ate out a lot. With our house being shown so much and needing to keep it in perfect condition for such events as appraisals and home inspections, I had a hard time wanting to make any sort of mess in the kitchen. Not much time for that either!
- I dropped a fair amount of change in an Archiver’s store buying paper scrapbooking supplies
I’m proud of myself for getting my roundup done! Have you done your roundup yet? You can start at any time – you’ll be glad you did!