We went to see Imagine Dragons in concert on Friday night and it was an amazing show! They really are a fun band and they sounded great live. I think Radioactive might be just as good of a concert song as you can get – by the end of it, everyone on stage was playing some sort of drum. The place was worked up into a fever pitch of excitement! This video gives you a little taste of what it was like, but I swear that our crowd was way more into it and the band just fed off of that. It was so cool!
We took both of our kids with us to the concert and they were totally thrilled. My husband asked my daughter Riley if “she could go to any concert, what would it be?" She said “this is it!” Imagine Dragons is her favorite band and my son loves them too. We all enjoyed their music and seeing them live really cemented us as true fans. There is something special about being there in person – it gives you a connection.
I haven’t been to a lot of concerts in my life, but I’ve had a few memorable experiences.
- My Dad and I saw Tina Turner in concert in the eighties. She was fantastic!
- Hubby and I went to one of the last ever Oingo Boingo concerts with my brother and a friend. I’ve always loved their music, but I gained an even deeper love for them after the concert. It was amazing to see Danny Elfman live. He is extremely talented!
- I still think the Weird Al concert we went to a few years ago was great fun. He is a fabulous entertainer!
- Hubby and I saw U2 in concert, but we had such terrible seats that it really wasn’t all that great. Ironically, we didn’t have that great of seats at the Imagine Dragons concert either, but since it was a smaller venue it didn’t matter as much. Plus, we could actually see the band. At the U2 concert, we were on the highest row AND in back of the stage. I can’t believe they even sold tickets like that. So lame.
- One of my favorite concert experiences was when some girlfriends and I left our kids at home with the Daddies and we went to see Bon Jovi in concert about 13 years ago. That was fun!
Going to a concert is expensive (even with cheap seats) and then if you add in the cost of getting a t-shirt, it can add up. They are also very crowded and there is a lot of waiting for the whole thing to get going. Still, it’s an amazing experience and it can really change your whole feeling about a band. What concerts have you been to? What bands would you love to see perform live? Any favorites? All good things to document on a Memory Monday for sure!