End of July
Time seems to be racing by me right now and it's already the end of July! When the calendar turns, that means it's time to take a few minutes and document the month that has ended. Yep, it's time for a roundup!
I've been doing monthly roundups since January of 2006 and I can’t even begin to tell you how much easier it has made memory keeping for me! I am constantly referencing my past roundups for ideas for scrapbook pages, and I always have material for journaling now.
Look over your calendar, your blog posts, your photos, or whatever types of records you have kept throughout the month. I find that even reviewing my bank statement jogs my memory about what has happened in the month. After I answer the questions I just post them to my blog and my roundup is done.
Here’s a written list of the Roundup Prompts:
- List what you watched, read, and/or listened to in the past month.
- What fun things did you do with friends and/or family?
- What milestones occurred? Any holidays or celebrations? How about special events?
- Talk about the everyday and routine bits of life in the past month.
- What good stuff happened? What were the hard things? Anything unusual?
- Report on the progress you’ve made toward your goals or list any new goals you have set.
Feel free to copy and paste the above list to use for your own notes. Use these prompts as reminders as you go through your calendar and memories from the past few weeks.If you share online, it would be great if you could also include a link back to this post so others know where to find the roundup.
This is also a great time to get your photos off of SD cards or from your phone. Remember, this is just the gathering phase! Once you are done with your roundup, then it’s time to save your memories and share them if you want to.
Have fun doing your roundups!
P.S. I found this beautiful horse photo on unsplash.com if you want to use it for any of your own projects.