August was a pretty good month around here, but September is always one of my very favorites so I’m happy that the calendar has changed. I’m ready to roundup the month of August.
What reading/learning did I do this month? (books, blogs, magazines, ebooks, podcasts, classes, etc.)
Back to school and back to learning around here. Both of my kids started school (Riley is a junior in high school and Alex is in his 2nd year of doing online college). Alex and I also started a weekly community education class that I’m really enjoying.
Some other reading & learning for me:
- a lynda.com course on tumblr
- following several blogs
- starting Ali Edwards’ Hello Story workshop
- Sketchup training with my kids as part of an iStar autism program
What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month? (movies, tv shows, plays, music, concerts, etc.)
- a local music concert (my son even got to sing one of the songs)
- watched Megamind with my brother & my family
- started watching the Life of Birds series with my kids
- had a Despicable Me movie night with my sister-in-law and her family
- saw Tarzan at Hale Center Theater
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
- dinner party with some new neighbors
- visit from my brother Mike on his way to move to Nevada
- dinner party with both of my brothers (and a sister-in-law)
- Farmer’s market with my family
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
a gift card for a couple getting married. Seems like we’ve had a least one wedding to go to each month for about 4 months in a row now.
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
August was filled with quite a bit of online shopping for me. I got sick of going to stores and getting terrible customer service, so it was nice to get packages right on my front porch. I can’t say enough good things about amazon prime!
What were my accomplishments this month?
I got my son’s bedroom done (except that we need to still find a reading chair) and I posted the room reveal here.
I started a new Flickr group for The Daily Digi just for digital pocket scrapbooking. You can read more about this type of scrapping in this post and you can join the group here. It’s a fantastic source of inspiration!
Scrapped 8 layouts (linked to where they originally appeared).
Pretty decent month all around!
I’m proud of myself for getting my roundup done! Have you done your roundup yet? You can start at any time – you’ll be glad you did!