I picked one little phrase of Refresh and Renew to inspire me this year instead of one little word. I’ve been enjoying the focus so far and spent a lot of time and energy putting it all into play in the month of January. I cleaned out drawers, closets, and got rid of 3 carloads of old junk. It’s amazing what accumulates over the years, even if you try to be organized! Once I started looking at everything with fresh eyes, I began to realize how much refreshing and renewing could be done. Of course, the principle applies to more than just our physical belongings, but it seems like a good place to start.
We were tired of our old flatware and it was pretty scratched up. I found this pretty set at Target (I like to call it Tar-jay in a fake French accent). The name is Metra and the simple design makes me happy.
We’ve had a nice master bedroom bedding set for 6 years now and even though it was still in good condition, we were both so tired of it that we decided it was time for a refresh. We both love the simplicity of the white and it feels so cozy and inviting with the covers turned down a bit. I still want to get new lamps. Again, it’s all from Target – pinched pleat comforter set.
I went to Pottery Barn and bought this fun vase and flowering branches. I thought it was just the right touch of springy happiness and I love the way it pulls together the white, green, and yellow in the room. Hubby was not a big fan, but too bad for him because it’s staying. lol! He’s so uber-practical when it comes to design that he doesn’t always understand that sometimes we just need to have something pretty to look at.
I’ve been working on several other projects that I’m not ready to photograph yet:
- Cleaned out and organized every bookshelf in our house. Donated books we no longer use to the library.
- Took down all the maps in my son’s room and am working on currently removing all the postcards. It’s a big job and it’s been a hard change after more than 8 years of looking at all of these things. It’s
- Reconfigured our office space
- Rearranged guest bedroom and moved treadmill to family room area
- Cleaned out and organized our game shelves
- Cleaned out and organized our closet
- Cleaned out and organized 3 kitchen drawers
I think I picked a good phrase to inspire me this year!