It’s time for me to finish off my 7th consecutive year of doing monthly roundups by recapping December of 2012. Here’s what my life was like last month:
Of course the month was mainly focused around Christmas and holiday-related events. I have to say that it was probably our most festive December ever! We decorated gingerbread houses, picked out a fresh Christmas tree, listened to holiday music, drove around to see the lights, stayed downtown, and even visited Disneyland to see the special holiday attractions. We even finished off the month with a trip to see my family in New Mexico. What a wonderful month!
What entertainment did I watch/listen to this month?
I watched more television in the month of December than I probably watched in the entire rest of the year combined. We started watching The Big Bang Theory (so funny!), fit in some Mythbusters, and my daughter and I started watching Once Upon a Time. Of course, I watched several episodes of Friends and even let my kids watch a few (there aren’t too many that are fully family friendly).
We watched a few Christmas movies including; ELF (twice) and The Santa Clause 2.
We saw Les Mis in the theater (with my family) and I may or may not have cried my eyes out during a good part of it. Even after seeing the play twice this summer! I especially like Anne Hathaway and the guy who played Marius.
I listened to several Capturing Magic podcasts (it’s so strange to hear Steph chatting with other people instead of me and Peppermint – lol!) They really helped me prepare to go to Disneyland and it was so fun to finally try out the new app!
What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
- Had a Survivor finale party with another family. So much fun to watch with them!
- Stayed overnight at The Grand America
- Went to a fancy party with my hubby
- Went to Disneyland
- Went to San Diego
- Went to Albuquerque
- Went to a gingerbread party
- Had my brother and his girlfriend (now his fiancée) over for dinner
- Went out for Indian food with my brother’s fiancée on Christmas Eve day
- Helped my other brother’s girlfriend surprise him with an unexpected visit to New Mexico (it was the first time we’ve met her)
- Played The Game of Things twice. Hilarious game!
- Had an “End of the World” party with our kids where we played Munchkin Apocalypse.
- Spent Christmas day with hubby’s family
- Spent 4 days with my family
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Fill in the standard pain-in-the-shoulder answer here. I really need to do something about that! I also got very sick to my stomach one day. It was either the flu, or something I ate.
- Finished off a full year of a photo-a-day
- Finished off my year long project of 12 photos on the 12th day of the month
- Recorded 3 episodes of The Digi Show
- Posted several articles on The Daily Digi
- Posted once at Capturing Magic
- Helped my daughter make 4 fleece blankets for gifts
- Put together a slideshow for a church group
- Pulled off Christmas – cards, gifts, decorations, etc.
- Digi scrapped 20 layouts (images are linked)
I’m proud of myself for getting my roundup done! Have you done your roundup yet? You can start at any time – you’ll be glad you did!