Loving this prompt from Ali Edwards. This is just the type of stuff I love to document! Not only did it give me something to blog about today (always a bonus), it made me really look around at the small things that make up my life right now. Things I might have missed otherwise. Thanks Ali!
Around here, I’ve sort of fallen off the healthy eating bandwagon the last week or so. I’m not completely lost, but I’ve certainly lost my motivation. Case in point – I ate a bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast. Does it help if I still had fat-free organic milk on them? The irony of this is not lost on me.
I’m in love with my new slippers from Target. They are light and comfy and I have a few different pairs that I rotate between. I appreciate that they aren’t lined with fur because that just makes me feel too hot. These are just right.
Our garden has gone a bit wild as it has it’s final hurrah before the weather changes.
We’ve let our chives flower. Probably shouldn’t do that, but they are so pretty.
We have enough sage for a lifetime. We seem to be very good at growing sage. It smells wonderful!
Every time I see our ginormous pumpkin, I think of the line “it’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!” I don’t even like that cartoon, but it pops into my head every single time.
It really is a great big pumpkin!
A sweet neighbor brought us a whole bunch of Roma tomatoes. I need to do something with them. I’m thinking some homemade sauce to can. In my spare time of course. lol!
I’m bored of my jars right now and looking forward to filling them with festive Halloween goodies. Except that I will want to eat those treats,*sigh.
My youngest child is now sixteen. I’m feeling very nostalgic about my kids growing up. I’ve been thinking about their baby years a lot. I guess it’s a natural thing to reflect about around their birthdays. Alex is less than 2 weeks away from turning nineteen. How did that come so fast?
- You can always tell when Alex wakes up because you hear him singing. In fact, he spends a lot of the day singing. I love it because you know he’s happy when he’s singing. We lost the singing for a long time last year. I’m so glad it’s back!
- Riley wants to stay up super late and sleep in. She’s in full teenager mode when it comes to sleeping habits.
- My laptop computer seems to be running really hot lately. Maybe it’s because it gets used so much. It probably wasn’t designed for round-the-clock usage. Neither am I.
- I’m battling the beginning of a cold. It’s something we’ve all been passing back and forth throughout the month and I got through it once already.
- Now that the weather is getting cooler, I have almost nothing to wear. My wardrobe has been dwindling for years and as things have worn out (or been outgrown – not in a good way) I haven’t been able to find much to replace them with. I just can’t find anything in the stores. I may have to break down and start sewing again, at least to make a few skirts.
- In general, life is good. We are super busy, but happy.
Thanks again to Ali for helping me document my life right now. She’s so good at that! I would love to encourage all of you to play along and at least make a list of what’s on your mind today. Throw in a few pictures and you’ll have the makings of a scrapbook page or two. I just used my iPhone for all of these pictures. It was fast and easy and so worthwhile!