I’ve seen this list going around Facebook and I thought it would be more fun to tackle it here on my blog since it’s such great material for scrapbook pages. I’m not super adventurous with my eating so I was pleased to figure out that I currently have tried 37 out of these 100 things. I’m somewhat disappointed that the list includes several drinks with alcohol in them since I don’t drink, and I thought the list was supposed to be about eating. There’s also no way I would eat things like roadkill, horse or snails unless my life depended on it. I did have to Google a few of these things to figure out what they were. lol!
Bold = I have eaten this food. Italics = I will never eat this food for either reasons of pure ick factor and/or allergies or personal beliefs. Regular = I haven’t tried it yet but I would like to. I also included some personal comments on the foods I have tried.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros – yum!
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue – one of my favorite things!
10. Baba ghanoush – tasty
11. Calamari – I’ve tried it and did not like it
12. Pho – I like the noodles, some of the meat additions are not my favorite
13. PB&J sandwich – a classic!
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes – one of the best things ever!
22. Fresh wild berries – I had the best berries of my life in Oregon
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans – this is my hubby’s favorite food
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche – delish!
28. Oysters – I actually have tried these and I almost threw up. No lie.
29. Baklava – I ate some in Greece that was delicious. The stuff I’ve had here in the states isn’t nearly as good.
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas – too spicy for me
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl – I hate clam chowder!
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut – I like sauerkraut
35. Root beer float – love these!
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
39. Gumbo – not a favorite for me
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala – good, but not great
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut – these really don’t thrill me
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear – I’ve had a prickly pear jam so I’m going to count it
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal – gross
56. Spaetzle – I had some at a German restaurant at Epcot and it was good.
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips – not as good as chocolate
61. S’mores – yes!
63. Kaolin – when I Google this, it says it’s clay. What?
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake – yes, yes, yes, and yes!
68. Haggis -
69. Fried plantain – I like bananas better than plantains
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho – no thanks
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie – I secretly love these, but I don’t eat them anymore because they are just not good for me.
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict – not a favorite of mine
83. Pocky – love these!
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef – I didn’t care for the flavor
87. Goulash – I guess I haven’t had authentic Hungarian Goulash, but I’ve had plenty of variations
88. Flowers – nasturshums – I ate them on a salad once. It just felt weird to eat flowers.
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam - yuck
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano – I’m not a fan
96. Bagel and lox – no on the lox, yes on the bagel
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta – we love Polenta!
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Feel free to copy and paste this list for your own blog (or scrapbook page) and then fill in your answers. It’s a fun activity that’s sure to spark some conversation!