"At Christmas I no more desire a rose
Than wish a snow in May’s new-fangled mirth;
But like of each thing that in season grows."
- William Shakespeare
This is a challenge for me in December because I really do prefer the month of May. I’ve decided to try not to complain about winter (as much) this year even though I miss the sun and my hands constantly ache because of the cold weather. Oops, there I go with complaining about winter already! Ok, starting again… I’m looking forward to a month of making memories, favorite foods, feeling cozy inside my warm house, and having fun with my family. I have some great things to look forward to this month!
- December Daily – a new approach
- Enjoying our holiday decorations because they are already up
- A nice long school break! (We finish up on December 16th)
- Seeing my parents and my brothers
- Baking something for a charity auction bake sale. We are cooking for a science geek crowd so we’ve made petri dish cookies and science kit cookies in the past.
- Exchanging white elephant gifts with my in-laws (we are giggling about this already)
- Going to the new Muppet Movie
- Getting my shopping done early (I have a big chunk of it done)
- Recording The Digi Show
- Writing for The Daily Digi and playing with a new set of Digi Files
- Taking pictures and enjoying Katrina’s Capture Your Holidays class
- Digi Scrapping and having fun in Tiffany Tillman’s Holiday Templates class
- Organizing my photo collection with the help of Kayla’s Finding Photo Flow self-paced class (this is a big goal of mine for 2011 and time is running out!)
- Trying some new recipes thanks to Pinterest and some holiday magazines
- Finding joy in the season
It’s looking like a great month ahead!