It’s time for me to do my own roundup and give my report on what I did in the month of September. I love this monthly routine of closing out the previous month and documenting it in roundup form.
WHAT I READ:
- Materials for Physics, Fine Art, Earth Science, British History, Literature, and general homeschooling information.
- Create Great iPhone Photos. I blogged about it here.
- Laura Child’s new scrapbooking mystery Skeleton Letters. She always writes such fun books and I really enjoyed this one!
WHAT I WATCHED:
- 3rd Rock from the Sun. Such a silly show!
- The new season of Survivor. We are behind in watching (we use a DVR) so I’m not going to link up to the show to avoid spoilers.
- Dial M for Murder – a wonderful play at the Utah Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Utah.
- Weird Al in concert at the Utah State Fair Park. He was hilarious and the guy puts on a great show! We all bought t-shirts and put them on over the shirts we were already wearing.
CELEBRATIONS, HOLIDAYS, & GIFTS:
- We attended a wedding luncheon for a friend (he introduced us as his “spare parents”). We have known him since he was 11 years old, so it’s neat to see him all grown up and married now.
- My daughter turned 15 and we had a Quinceañera celebration. We gave her some fun little gifts; some knitting books, a K'nex Ferris Wheel, some Play-doh, and some games. She also got money from her grandparents and spent some at Target, and decided to save the rest.
- Barbecue dinner party for my in-laws on Labor Day
- Entertained the children of my friend who passed away this summer. We had them over to play while their Dad had a meeting
- Took my kids to the dentist. No cavities!
- Stayed in Deer Valley for a few days while my hubby attended some business meetings.
- Stayed in Cedar City for a few days while my hubby had some meetings. We also went to the fall season of the Utah Shakespeare Festival.
- Stayed at The Homestead overnight because my hubby was involved in a golf tournament there.
- Helped my son pass off his last merit badges for the scouting program.
- Helped my son finish his Eagle Scout project which ended up being a wonderful experience. I know I will be blogging about that sometime soon.
- Visited my Mother-in-Law and took her dinner after she had a hip replacement.
- Attended a dinner party at a cabin in Oakley, Utah
- Had to tell my son he couldn't apply to the contest that Queen is holding for a new lead singer. The winner gets to go on the North American tour with Queen. We discussed how that would fit in with our school & employment plans and he realized it wouldn't work. I am the dream crusher.
- Co-hosted 3 episodes of The Digi Show (009: It’s My Spa Day, 010: Mama’s Got Photoshop, and 011: Will Work for Badges)
- Wrote for The Daily Digi
- Upgraded to Photoshop Elements 10 – woohoo!
- Reorganized most of my kitchen cupboards. Ended up being a huge project!
- Canned pickle relish – my very first canning project!
- Kept up on the New52 project
- Started a new Photo 365 project and took a picture (almost) every day. I’ll blog more about that soon.
- Scrapped 2 Digi layouts and made some cool bookmarks. Each image is linked to the original post where they were featured). I actually scrapped a few more pages, but I can’t show them to you yet.
What a month! Glad to have my roundup done!
Have you done yours? It’s not too late!
P.S. the font I used for the roundup titles is shadowed serif available for free on dafont.com.