Ok, so I’m sure everyone thinks I’m pretty crazy to spend one day a month (the 25th) putting some thought into Christmas, but I know it will be worth it next December when I get to have a more enjoyable holiday season. (At least I hope it works out that way!)
Here’s what I’ve done so far this year:
- January I worked on my holiday card list + ideas.
- February was about holiday recipes.
- March was the time to plan out my blogging projects for the holiday season and plan attendance to some local seasonal events.
The focus this month will be on gathering up my photo idea lists for holiday pictures and to start looking for new ones to add to my collection. I have some photo prompt idea sheets I’ve gathered from online classes, blog posts, and bookmarked sites. I’m going to file these all into one folder and upload them to my google docs account so I can access them from any computer (or even my iPad). Want some great December photo lists to add to your own inspiration folder?
- Katrina Kennedy’s December Daily Photo List
- Look over Ali Edwards December Daily project for ideas
- 16 Christmas photography tips from Digital Photography School
I also think it’s a great idea to look through photos of past years and figure out what holiday pictures mean the most. I’m going to work on compiling my own list of shots I want to get this year to add to my idea file.
If you want to join me on this holiday organization quest, feel free to snag this word art to use on your own blog posts. I’d love it if you could link back to my blog so others know where to come each month on the 25th for each new list.