Thank you SO much for all the sweet birthday wishes on my blog, facebook, & twitter. Nothing like a birthday to make a girl feel loved!
I took the day off from all of my regular tasks and duties (homeschool, cooking, cleaning, working, etc.) and just focused on having fun and relaxing. So what did I do with my day off?
- Had chocolate milk and toast (with A LOT of strawberry jam) for breakfast, made for me by my sweet daughter.
- Watched UP with my daughter on my iPad. No matter what, I cry every single time I watch the sequence about Carl and Ellie’s life together. One of my all-time favorite movies. The “Adventure Book” totally speaks to the Scrapbook Lady in me. Plus, I just love all of the characters and the story. Really cute!
- Went shopping for clothes, which is something I don’t generally enjoy, but I was determined to find something new and I did find a few fun things at Dress Barn. I got this cute cardigan and flowery shell blouse.
I also got this t-shirt, but I thinking it’s cute with that necklace. I have to admit that necklaces drive me crazy though. I have a hard time wearing them.
- I had takeout from Kneaders for lunch. I love their fresh turkey croissant sandwiches. Yum!
- Opened a surprise present from my kids (their math tutor helped them with this) of a Lego City Seaplane. How sweet is that?
- I spent a good hour on Pinterest and Facebook and didn’t even feel guilty for “wasting time” there.
- Talked to my Mom on the phone.
- Started reading The Book of Three which is part of a series that my kids have really gotten into. They been wanting me to read the books so we can discuss them. I’m enjoying it so far.
- Took a nap. Yep, right in the middle of a Thursday afternoon. It was glorious!
- Read emails on my phone. Read blogs in google reader on my laptop.
- Went out to an early dinner with Hubby + kids. I had a very nice beef tenderloin with blue cheese crumbled on top. Fun to go to a fancy dinner together.
- Edited about 300 photos in lightroom and then uploaded them to flickr while listening to the new episode of the Paperclipping Digi Show. Yes, I listen to them even when I was a guest. I love to hear how it all comes together and I like to listen at my computer so I can click on links mentioned. I really enjoyed this week’s show – fun discussion about how to get digi scrapping and not just become a “collector” of supplies.
- Played Lego Rockband on the Wii with my kids. I sang vocals for 4 songs: You Give Love a Bad Name, Two Princes, Walking on Sunshine, and Crocodile Rock. I feel obligated to mention that I got 100% on Crocodile Rock (I always do, it’s my best one) and 96% on all the others. lol! My kids were impressed.
- Then my neighbor brought me this amazing cake that she made. How nice! Filled with raspberry goodness!
- Some more blog surfing and then writing this post before heading off to bed to read.
I’m not sure I could have asked for a better birthday. My heart is filled with joy. Life is good.