I thought it would be fun to spend this week doing a series of these. I have a few done for other decades as well but I wanted to fill in the blanks and put them all together to use as a scrapbooking resources. Hope you are enjoying Retro Week!
Today, I bring you the 1990s!
Tickle Me Elmo was all the rage in 1998! Artwork by my Mother-in-Law. Paper by Shabby Princess.
I can relate to most of the stuff on this list. The ones in bold are things I remember or did as a young adult in the 1990s.
- You can finish the phrase "Ice Ice..."
- Beanie Babies were a good investment. (My Mom and brother fell prey to this one)
- Talk to the hand... enough said.
- Twin Peaks totally, completely creeped you out.
- You rented VHS tapes at the video store. We often went to Blockbuster on the weekends.
- You had a strong opinion in the whole Tanya Harding versus Nancy Kerrigan thing. (Nancy!)
- You watched the OJ Simpson Bronco chase live on TV.
- You watched the OJ Simpson trial live on TV. - We were totally into watching Gretta's recap each night on TV. We also watched the verdict live and were really mad when he wasn't found guilty.
- You know who Urkel is.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
- You had a favorite Spice Girl.
- You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
- You owned (and wore) a few flannel shirts. (Hubby did)
- You did the Macarena.
- Disney classic animation movies were back (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid) - loved these!
- You or a girl you knew had the "Rachel" haircut.
- You remember the very first "Real World" on MTV.
- You had a Tamagotchi or a Furby.
- You knew Mark Wahlberg when he was still Marky Mark.
- There was a time when you really wished you lived in Beverly Hills 90210. - I watched it every week!
- You remember drinking Crystal Pepsi.
- You used to watch DuckTales or Power Rangers after school.
- You owned a pair of overalls, and not because you were from the country.
- Cell phones were brick shaped.
- You loved the line "I'll be back!"
- You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE or (pysche)
- You had a Tickle Me Elmo doll. (My daughter did)
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
- You learned how to roller blade - not roller skate.
- You remember when Michael Jordan played baseball.
- Thursday night on NBC really was "Must See TV" (Seinfeld, Friends)
- You remember the first time you logged onto the internet using an AOL disk. My hubby always reminds me that after I tried it the first time I said "Well, that was stupid!" -lol!
Some other fun sites with information about the 1990s: